2018 Kwadukuza Local Municipality Finance Management Internship Programme
This is a structured professional training and work experience programme with the goal of providing high quality training and practical exposure in all aspects of a Municipal Budget and Treasury Office.
MUNICIPAL FINANCE MANAGEMENT INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME, MFMIP (5 POSTS) TWO-YEAR CONTRACT POSTS
Between R80 000 – R92 000 (All inclusive and dependent on year of internship)
The MFMIP is a structured professional training and work experience programme with the goal of providing high quality training and practical exposure in all aspects of a Municipal Budget and Treasury Office which is governed by the Municipal Finance Management Act, Act 56 of 2003 and the underlying reforms.
The intern will sign an internship agreement which is in addition to the employment contract.
The effect of the agreement is to ensure commitment to the programme which require, amongst other, full participation in the educational and workplace assignments and observance of policies and procedures over the full two-year period. Candidates will be subjected to a rigorous testing and selection process and MUST meet the minimum prescribed requirements.
- A Gr.12, (minimum): a three-year Bachelor’s Degree or National Diploma with Accounting, Economics, or Finance as major subjects.
- Risk Management and/or Auditing as non-major subjects would be advantageous.
- Candidates must be between the ages of 18 and 35 and have not previously participated in an Internship Programme.
Duties include, as a minimum, the following:
- Assist in the preparation of multi – year annual budgets
- Assist in monitoring budgetary expenditure and income against monthly actuals
- Prepare monthly returns to National and Provincial Treasury, Statistics SA and other external governmentagencies/departments
- Prepare monthly budgetary reports to Council and Portfolio Committees
- Assist in the preparation of Annual Financial Statements
- Assist in the maintenance and record keeping of assets
- Assist in ensuring compliance with the Municipal Finance Management Act, No. 56 of 2003, and other relevant legislation, including Supply Chain Management.
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICANTS FOR THE ABOVE FINANCE INTERNSHIP POST ARE REQUIRED TO ATTACH THE PREFERRED EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY FORM OBTAINABLE FROM KDM HUMAN RESOURCES WHICH MUST BE SIGNED BY A WARD COUNCILOR, AS PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO LOCAL RESIDENTS.
1. Applications are to be addressed to the Municipal Manager, KwaDukuza Municipality P.O. Box 72, KwaDukuza 4450, for attention the Human Resources Department and may be posted or hand delivered.
(Note that hand delivered applications must be handed to the H.R Officer, 34 Chief Albert Luthuli Street, OK MALL BUILDING KwaDukuza.
2. The closing date and time is TUESDAY 15 MAY 2018 at 12H00. No Applications will be accepted after the closing date and time.
3. Please DO NOT fax or e-mail applications.
Please DO NOT submit applications on Z83 forms.
Please NOTE THAT APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ON KWADUKUZA MUNICIPALITY’S APPLICATION FORM WHICH IS OBTAINABLE ON THE MUNICIPALITY’S WEBSITE (www.kwadukuza.gov.za).
KwaDukuza Municipality adheres to the National Employment Equity Strategy.
Post levels are subject to conversion according to the TASK JobEvaluation system.
Further communication will only be with shortlisted candidates, such shortlist being confined to the candidates that best meet the requirements according to the information supplied in their CV’s. Candidates not contacted within 3 months off the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Council reserves the right no to appoint. Canvasing to Councillor’s in form of gifts is prohibited.
Closing Date: 15 May 2018