There are several ways to pay for your DSTV bills in South Africa, find below the option that better suit you for your payment.
1. Debit Order
Paying your DStv subscription via debit order is an easy and reliable way to make sure that you are always up to date with your payments and never miss any of your favourite shows.
What is a debit order?
When you set up a debit order for your DStv account, you give MultiChoice permission to collect your DStv subscription amount from your bank account each month.
Debit order benefits
Paying your monthly DStv subscription via debit order is one of the most convenient ways to pay your DStv account. A debit order helps you stay on top of your monthly payments so that you don’t have to remember to arrange to pay manually each month, this reduces the chance of you missing a payment and having your services disconnected.
Having your DStv subscription paid from your bank account on the same day every month also provides you with a handy payment history, making it easier for you to trace payments and manage your budget better.
Setting up a debit order with DStv
There are a number of simple ways that you can setup your debit order today.
Online via DStv Self Service
If you bank with one of South Africa’s five major banks (Standard Bank, Capitec, FNB, Absa or Nedbank) and your bank account and DStv account are both in your name then you will be able to setup your Debit Order using our quick and secure Debit Order functionality.
In order to minimise fraud, our online debit order setup process needs to verify with the bank that the account you supply really does belong to you, this is called account holder verification. Our system is able to do automatic account holder verification almost instantly for the five banks mentioned above. As this process is automated, it will only verify you successfully if both the DStv account and the bank account are under the same name, if your DStv subscription is going to be paid by someone else then please use one of the other options below.
Should you have any trouble with the Debit Order functionality, please send an email to email@example.com for help.
In writing via Email or Fax
If your bank is not listed above, please fax or email the following documentation to (011) 577-5946 or firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Proof of banking (a bank statement, a bank-stamped letter, or a cancelled cheque)
If you’re paying the MultiChoice account on behalf of someone else, please fax or email the following documentation to (011) 577-5946 or email@example.com:
- Proof of banking (a bank statement, bank-stamped letter or cancelled cheque)
- A copy of the bank account holder’s ID
- The signed 3rd Party Authority to Debit form (PDF – 210KB)
If the company you work for is paying your personal MultiChoice account, the following original documents need to be taken to your nearest MultiChoice branch or agency:
A letter on an original corporate letterhead authorising payment via the company on behalf of the person concerned, including the company’s banking details. The letter must be signed by an appropriate representative of the company, and must include the name, position and contact details of the person signing the letter. The person signing the letter cannot be the person on whose behalf the account is being paid.
In person via telephone or face-to-face
Paying your DStv account just got easier!
If you bank with FNB, Nedbank, Standard Bank or Absa, you can now pay your DStv subscription and top up your BoxOffice account from your mobile.
Simply dial the following number, depending on who you bank with, and follow the steps to pay.
- Dial *120*321#
- Reply 1 for buy
- Reply 7 for PayTV
- Reply 1 for DStv
- Enter your smart card or customer number for Dstv
- Reply 1 for Pay amount due
- Reply 1 for confirm
- Dial *120*002#
- Reply 1 for login
- Enter your profile number followed by your pin
- Reply 2 for payments
- Reply 2 for bank apprived beneficiaries
- Select debit account
- Enter the first three letter of the beneficiary name (DStv)
- Reply 2 for DStv subscription
- Enter the statement description (you can find this on your statement)
- Enter the beneficiary’s statement description (DStv reference / account number)
- Enter the amount you want to pay
- Choose the notification type (this is for the beneficiary)
Standard Bank USSD
- Dial *120*2345#
- Reply 1 to login / register
- Enter your customer-selected PIN (CSP)
- Reply 2 for payments and transfers
- Reply 6 to pay MyBills
- Reply 1 to pay bill
- Reply 1 to select DStv Subscription
- Reply 2 to pay other amount
- Enter the amount you would like to pay
- Enter your reference for the payment
- Select the account you would like to pay with
- Reply 1 to confirm payment
- Dial *120*2272#
- Enter your USSD PIN number
- Reply 3 for payments
- Reply 4 for bill payments
- Reply 3 for pay bills
- Reply 3 for DStv
- Reply 1 for amount due
- Reply 1 to pay full amount
- Reply 1 to accept payment T&Cs
- Reply 1 to confirm payment
- Reply 1 to make payment
Banks that are currently not offering USSD payment
- African Bank
Remember that you can dial *120*68584# to see how much you owe.
3. QR Code
For your payment convenience, MultiChoice has added a QR code payment option. For immediate and hassle free payment and to pay now, please scan the QR code here.
4. Internet Payment (EFT)
You can pay for your DStv account by using internet banking.
To find out how much you owe, you can view your balance on your Account dashboard or dial *120*68584# from your mobile phone.
When paying your account, choose MultiChoice from the list of pre-approved beneficiaries on your bank’s internet banking website. Use your eight-digit MultiChoice customer number as the payment/beneficiary reference.
If you bank with Nedbank, you now never have to wait for a paper bill before making a payment again!
With My eBills from Nedbank, you can now pay your DStv account immediately, anytime, anywhere, in three easy steps:
- Log onto your Nedbank Internet Banking and select My eBills from the menu
- Select the Subscribe option and then from whom you would like to receive bills
- You will see a list of your subscribed bills, select DStv and submit payment.
If you don’t bank with major banks your payment may take up to 48 hours to reflect.
For your convenience, if your services have been disconnected and you have paid the correct amount, we will reconnect you automatically once the payment reflects.
5. Payment Link
When you receive an SMS or MMS from us, reminding you to pay your DStv account, you’ll notice a link at the end of the message. Simply click on this link to make an instant payment from your mobile phone.
Find out more by visiting our FAQ section here.
6. Credit Card
- Set up credit card debit order payments and we will collect the monthly amount due on your DStv account.
- Make once-off credit card payments
Use your eight digit DStv customer number as the payment / beneficiary reference.
Please note that we do not accept Diners Club payments and apologise for any inconvenience this might cause.
While shopping, you can pay your account at any PEP, Pick ‘n Pay, Shoprite, Spar or Ackermans nationwide.
When making a payment, you will need to provide your DStv Customer Number as your reference, as well as the code 11374 before your customer number. So, if your DStv Customer Number is 12345678, when paying, the reference number will be 1137412345678.
Pay at any store with a Kazang© or Flash© point of sale device
Apart from various supermarkets, you can pay for your DStv account at any store that has a Flash or Kazang point of sale device.
NB! Payments made at stores must be made at money-market counters using your eight-digit MultiChoice customer number as the reference.
8. Direct Deposit: Absa
You can make payments at the following places:
- Absa branch: MultiChoice is already a pre-approved beneficiary. All you have to do is give the bank teller your eight-digit MultiChoice customer number.
- Absa ATM: MultiChoice is already listed as one of the service providers. Just select the option and follow the instructions to make payment.
Retrieve the amount due for payment online, or dial *120*68584#.
When paying at an ATM, make sure that you create MultiChoice as a beneficiary on your bank account. Use your eight-digit MultiChoice customer number as the payment / beneficiary reference.
10. Walk-in Centres
DStv walk-in centres are located in Cape Town, Durban and Randburg. For our Pretoria customers, we’re in Menlyn. You can visit the Aerial & Satellite Excellence store – Shop 44, Waterglen Shopping Centre. Alternatively, you can check your balance & pay, clear errors, upgrade & more using our WhatsApp Self Service option, save our number 060603788 & say ‘Hello’ to get started. Or use the DStv App to manage your account.
- DStv Agencies are located in various places nationwide.
- Only credit card or debit card payments are accepted at MultiChoice Agencies, no cash payments or cheques are accepted.
- Decoder insurance payments are not accepted at DStv Agencies, only via the self-help kiosk.
DStv Self Service kiosks
DStv Self Service kiosks are available at the Cape Town, Durban and Randburg walk-in centres and DStv Agencies nationwide. The kiosks enable customers to make DStv payments and view payment transactions and are designed to process card payments.
The kiosks accept debit cards with 3D secure chips and pin verification. Customers can also use credit card payments including American Express. The machines do not print out receipts but give customers an option to choose between receiving confirmation via an email or SMS.