Learnership Programme at Anglo American
Isibonelo Colliery in Mpumalanga, owned by Anglo American- one of the world’s largest mining companies, is offering Engineering Learnership opportunities in the following disciplines:
- Diesel Mechanic
Primary Job Purpose
The Engineering Learner fulfils a shift role at the Engineering department. In conjunction with his/her team he/she is required to assist the artisan with routine tasks that he/she has been trained in such as maintaining equipment & machinery. The successful candidates will take part in a Learnership programme leading to the selected qualification and qualified Artisan.
- Sound knowledge of Safety Systems, Regulations and Standards with a high regard to safety and an excellent safety record.
- Minimum N2 Technical qualification with relevant subjects i.e.:
- Diesel Mechanic: Maths, Engineering Science, Engineering Drawing, Diesel Mechanic Trade Theory.
- Boilermaker: Maths, Engineering Science, Plater Structural Steel Drawing, Plater Theory
- Rigger: Maths, Engineering Science, Engineering Drawing, Rigger Trade Theory
- Must be able and willing to work shifts, standby & call outs when required.
- Be able to cope with pressure, be innovative & a self-starter.
- Must be in possession of or able to obtain a certificate of fitness.
- Candidates must be able and prepared to undergo a psychometric assessment
- A valid K53 provincial driver’s license will be an advantage.
- Experience in the Mining Sector will be an advantage.
How to apply
Applications close on 01 December 2016. Click here to apply online