Reporter Job – e.Sat TV – Johannesburg Nov/Dec 2016
e.Sat TV – Reporter Vacancy in Johannesburg Nov/Dec 2016
Job positions at e.Sat TV in South Africa 2016
Work opportunities for Reporter in South Africa Nov/Dec 2016
Two positions available
Reporting to the head of assignments – eNCA
Your key performance areas include:
- Contribute story ideas to the daily and forward planning news diaries.
- An ability to come up with unique story angles.
- Arrange and prepare for interviews.
- Brief cameraman and interviewee on topic beforehand.
- Check archives for specific identified news items.
- Check electronic media (wires), articles of interest in newspapers and study oversees media.
- Conduct preliminary telephonic and follow-up probing interviews.
- Direct editor to cut pictures according to storyline, editing pictures and notes.
- Identify stories through research, sourcing and networking.
- Screen functions, events for possible newsworthy items.
- Write final copy of news bulletin.
- Lay voice on tape and present on camera.
- Conduct live crossings
- Send images and videos from the field to on-line (whenever possible, upload directly to our CMS)
- Increase the social media output, particularly on Twitter, using the designated handle and hashtags
- Write articles for online (these need to be complimentary angles not a repeat of the package content
- Alert online/multimedia team to rushes/footage and any good interviews that can be used as soon as the visuals are ingested
Provide online with:
- At least two videos from an event you are covering (other than a media briefing)
- At least five tweets (excluding photos/videos)
- At least three lines updating the story where possible. Those need to be emailed to eNCA online division.
- Degree or diploma in journalism.
- At least seven years broadcasting experience.
- Good general knowledge, thorough understanding of South African politics and players involved as well as international current affairs.
- Working knowledge of quality of visuals and scripts.
- Ability to identify sources and network.
- A developed culture of reading and news sense.
- Ability to develop story ideas.
- A team player and work well with camera operators.
- Work to strict deadlines and display initiative.
- Good command of the English language.
- Good probing and presentation skills.
Note: The successful candidates will be required to work irregular and long hours, including weekends, public holidays and standby shifts.
If you meet the minimum requirements for the position as stated, please send your Application Form together with your CV, certified copies of your ID and qualifications, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will be shortlisted based on the minimum requirements, as well as submission of complete documentation as mentioned above.
If you have not received a response within 14 days after the closing date of the advert, please accept that your application was not successful.
Closing date: 2 December 2016.