Applications open on 1 April 2021 and the closing dates are as follows:
Friday, 30 July 2021: B Radiography, B Dental Surgery, B Pharmacy, B Dental Therapy, MBChB, BSc Physiotherapy
Friday, 30 July 2021: BSc, BSc Diet, B Speech Language Pathology and Audiology, B Occupational Therapy, B Oral Hygiene, B Nursing Sciences
Does Sefako Makgatho have online application?
Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (SMU) encourage prospective students (Undergraduates) to apply online or paper based application forms soon as possible for 2021 academic year. Alternatively you can download the application form.
How much is the application fee for SMU?
Pay the R200 non-refundable application fee; and. Upload the following the documents: certified copies of your ID/passport; Grade 11/12 results; academic record (if you have attended other universities including SMU) and proof of payment of the non-refundable application fee.
How To Apply For Sefako Makgatho University SMU Admission
You can apply either online or manually. However, online applications are currently limited to undergraduate qualifications for South African and International applicants who have written or are studying towards the National Senior Certificate (NSC) and Independent Examinations Board (IEB) certificate or studying at other South African Universities. Applications for postgraduate studies and Short Learning Programmes (excluding Higher Certificate: Vaccinology) should be done manually. Applicants are encouraged to apply before the closing date because late applications will not be considered.
To apply online, you need access to the internet and a valid email address. Please ensure that you:
- Complete the application accurately and fully.
- Write your names the same as they appear in your identity/passport document.
- Specify the names of the first choice and second choice degrees (if applicable)
- Complete the residence section (if applicable).
- Pay the non-refundable application fee of R200.00 and send proof of payment. Use your ID/ passport/ student number generated by the system when making payment.
Please remember to upload the following certified and individually scanned documents:
- Copy of your ID/passport document (compulsory).
- Copy of your final Grade 11 results or your National Senior/Matric/ IEB Certificate (if you have already completed Grade 12).
- Copy of your degree certificate(s) and academic record(s) (if you attended other universities).
- Copy of your marriage certificate/divorce decree (if applicable).
- Proof of non-refundable application fee payment of R200.
How do I check my application status for SMU?
To check your SMU application status, please visit the link provided in a recent email to you. If you lost the link, contact us at 800-323-0672, 214-768-2058 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help.
Banking Details are as follows:
Account name: SMU; Bank name: Standard Bank, Account no.: 071244395 Branch no.: 020909; Ref no.: Your ID/ Passport number/ Student number
How do I apply for residence at SMU?
- Once you gain admittance to SMU, accept your offer of admission.
- Pay your admission deposit.
- Allow one to two business days for access to the housing application.
- Log into the SMU Housing Portal using your SMU user ID and password.
- Follow the step-by-step directions to complete your application.
- Your application will not be processed if you have not submitted all the required applicable documentation mentioned above.
- If you have not submitted the required documentation within a period of two months, unfortunately your application will not be considered.
- The University receives more applications than it can accommodate and meeting admissions requirements does not guarantee admission.
- There are limited places in University residence and admission to study at SMU does not guarantee a place in residence. The places are awarded on a first come first served basis and the University is not obliged to provide a place in the residence.
- All non-South African citizens and non-permanent residents are required to obtain a study permit prior to registering as students. Applications for study permits should be submitted to the South African Home Affairs, Consulate or High Commissioner in your country of residence/origin, and it would be issued in favour of Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University and to be submitted during registration.
- Application forms submitted after the closing dates will not be considered.
What is medunsa now called?
Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences UniversityThe name change from MEDUNSA to Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (SMU) was one of the causes of the riots in August 2014.
What Courses are offered at SMU?
School of Health Care Sciences:
Bachelor of Sciences in Dietetics
Bachelor of Nursing Sciences & Arts
Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
Bachelor of Physiotherapy
Bachelor of Speech-Language Pathology & Audiology
School of Medicine:
Bachelor of Diagnostic Radiography
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
School of Oral Health Sciences:
Bachelor of Dental Surgery
Bachelor of Dental Therapy
Bachelor of Oral Hygiene
School of Pharmacy:
Bachelor of Pharmacy
School of Science and Technology:
Bachelor of Science