Solomon Mahlangu Scholarship Fund 2017
It serves as a living memorial to Solomon Mahlangu (1956-1979), a man of high principle and a Freedom Fighter, who was deeply committed to the revolutionary struggle for the people of his country.
The National Youth Development Agency (NYDA) is responsible for main streaming and integrating youth development in all organs of the state, private sector as well as civil society.
The NYDA is calling South African young people who intend to study at registered Universities and Universities of Technology to apply for the Solomon Mahlangu Scholarship Fund for the 2017 academic year.
Objectives of the Fund
To provide financial support to youth in the form of scholarships to increase their chances of accessing quality higher education in their field of study
To increase chances of employability or entrepreneurship based on the positive correlation between level of education and employability
To establish the largest scholarship programme in the country, which will enable youth to study locally and abroad Empower the youth (14-35) with education to enable them to compete favourably in the labor market.
Contribute to the development of critical and scarce skills
- Objectives of the Fund
- Students must be applying for admission to one of the participating universities as a 1st year full time student in the courses listed in the table above
- High school learners who plan to attend one of the participating universities after completing the National Senior Certificate
- Must meet University Admission Points Score (APS) and achieve an average of 70% in the NSC exams
- Must be South African citizens between 14 – 35
- Financial neediness – combined household salary of less than R15 000 a month
- Reside in rural/semi-rural areas
- Engage in community service
- A copy of your Senior Certificate (if you have completed Grade 12).
- A copy of the latest academic transcript or record on an official letterhead or logo (if you are already at an Institution of Higher Education).
- A copy of your valid South African identity document.
- Copies of valid South African identity documents of your parents or guardians.
- Copies of Salary Slips of your parents/guardians or affidavit/s stating no income received.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for the 2017 academic year are open from 15 September 2016 until 15 January 2017.