South African Weather Service Bursaries: Learn and Achieve Higher
SAWS cares about educating young students to learn and grow in meteorology, weather, environment and technology-related areas by providing SAWS bursaries. South African Weather Service bursaries will provide financial support for those who interested to study in the fields related with the public corporate’s activities. Are you ready to take the challenge and the reward?
South African Weather Service is meteorological service that works under the government’s Department of Environmental Affairs and Tourism and is listed as a member of World Meteorological Organization. As the means of the data acquisition, South African Weather Service operates weather stations, weather radar and marine water buoys. The main purpose of SAWS is to ensure a weather-ready region, economic growth and sustainable development through providing excellent weather and climate forecasting followed by innovative solutions.
Available Fields of Study
Since the main concerns of the corporate is related to weather, environmental, meteorology and technology, South African Weather Service bursaries are open for the following fields of study:
– Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering
– Air Quality focused Bachelor of Science
– Data Technologist
– Bachelor of Science (Hons) bridging course (Introduction to Meteorology)
– Bachelor of Science in Meteorology
– Bachelor of Science in Earth and Atmospheric Science (1st, 2nd and 3rd year)
– Honours in Meteorology and Honours in Earth and Atmospheric Science
– National Certificate in Weather Observation –NQF 5- one year
– Postgraduate Certificate in Weather Forecasting
Requirements For Bursaries
– South African citizen
– Applicants are intend to study/studying full-time in the relevant fields of study
– Students must have obtained Matric with minimum of a 60% in Mathematics and Physical Science (50% for Mateorology technician)
– The bursaries are open for general Bachelor of Science in majoring subjects: Applied Mathematics, Mathematics, Mathematical Statistics, Chemistry, Physical Science, Meteorology, Air Quality-related subjects
South African Weather Service bursaries will cover tuition and registration fees and monthly allowance. Successful bursars will be given opportunity to work for South African Weather Service for each year they are in bursaries after completing the studies, otherwise they will be required to fully return the fund awarded by SAWS.
Applying For Bursaries
South African Weather Service bursaries for four main fields are open from around September to October of each year. The application form is available in SAWS official site: www.weathersa.co.za
For more questions about South African Weather Service bursaries, send your mail to: