UKZN is one of the best universities in South Africa, find all the admission procedures and requirements below;
How do I apply online at Ukzn?
Follow these steps to apply to UKZN;
- CAO website click on link www.cao.ac.za to download OR.
- Contact the CAO on 031 268 4444 OR.
- Apply on line: consult www.cao.ac.za OR.
- Write to email@example.com OR.
- Application fee payable to CAO R250 on-time and R470 for late applications.
How much is the application fee at Ukzn?
$146 for applicants from foreign countries (international applicants cannot make late applications).
Application fee payable to UKZN R200 for citizens.
Does Ukzn accept late applications?
Yes, The UKZN charges a late fee of R400 for applications received after the closing dates. Not all qualifications will accept late applications. Programmes may consider late applications only if spaces are available and if entrance requirements are met.
Is Ukzn open for 2022 application?
Applications for admission in 2022 will open on the 1st April 2021. Applications will close on 30 June for Medicine: and 30 September 2021 for all undergraduate programmes.
Does Ukzn allow walk ins?
“The University of KwaZulu Natal (UKZN) does not encourage walk–ins but will consider students who qualify should there be spaces available.
How do I apply for residence at Ukzn?
All UKZN students who require Accommodation must apply online. Returning residence students and new applications should apply through Student Central using the Admin TAB and the Student iEnabler Menu for activating Residence Application.
How do I transfer money to Ukzn?
Undergraduate applications wishing to transfer from other institutions to UKZN must make application via the Central Applications Office (CAO). Download an application form or apply on-line at www.cao.ac.za OR provide a postal address.
Undergraduate Application Procedures for First Time South African Applicants
Semester 1: January 2021
- If you are a South African citizen and currently in Grade 12 or have completed.
your National Senior Certificate or Senior Certificate and have never studied at UKZN before,
you have to make application to UKZN by completing a Central Application Office (CAO)
- If you are currently registered (or have been registered) at another institution for undergraduate studies and wish to apply for a transfer to UKZN, you must also complete the CAO application form.
Where To Obtain A CAO Form
- CAO website click on link www.cao.ac.za to download OR
- Contact the CAO on 031 268 4444 OR
- Apply on line: consult www.cao.ac.za OR
- Write to firstname.lastname@example.org OR
- Application fee payable to CAO R250 on-time and R470 for late applications
• Grade 12 learners must submit certified copies of their Grade 11 results (plus any available Grade 12 results) and their ID documents with the applications.
• Applicant wishing to transfer from other Universities must submit certified copies of their National Senior Certificates/Senior certificates as well as complete academic transcripts from their previous/current Universities with their applications.
Closing Dates For South African Citizens
• Semester 1 (January intake)
• Medicine: 31 July : No late applications are accepted.
• All other programmes: 30 September.
Semester 2: (August Intake)
• Apply directly to UKZN.
• Applications close on the 30 April.
• Application fee payable to UKZN R200.
Online Application Method
UKZN has two methods of applying.
Choose one of the following:
1. Online Web application
Masters(Research) and Doctoral Studies
- No closing date
Please remember to upload the following documents (where applicable):
Certified copy of your ID/passport.
Certified copy of your National Senior/Matric Certificate or O/A Levels or relevant school leaving qualification/certificate.
Proof from Universities South Africa (previously known as HESA), that you qualify for admission to degree studies at South Africa universities, if you are an international applicant. For more information, refer to the undergraduate prospectus
Certified copies of your degree certificate(s), academic record and certificate of conduct, if you attended other universities.
Proof of English proficiency for International applicants from non-English speaking countries.
South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) evaluations if the previous qualification(s) was/were obtained at foreign universities (outside South Africa).
A research proposal/proposed title of the dissertation/thesis if you are applying for a Masters Degree or PhD.
A valid study visa to study in SA if you are an International applicant.
Before applying online please make sure that you have read the guidelines above.
Please ensure that you have the HESA/SAQA documents to be uploaded in order to complete your application.
Please ensure to use reference APPN (followed by your student number) when making application fee payment.
Please allow the system 24 hrs to 48 hrs to clear your payment.
South African First time Undergraduate applicants must apply via CAO at: www.cao.ac.za
2.Paper based application- Click here