University of Pretoria is one of the top universities in South Africa, find all the admission procedures and guide below;
How do I apply online at Tuks / University Of Pretoria UP?
Step 1: You will need internet as applications to study at the University of Pretoria are fully online based.
Step 2: You will need an email address which you can access regularly. Step
3: After submitting your online application, a student number (EMPLID) will be sent to your email address as confirmation of receipt.
How much is the application fee at UP?
Application Fee: When you submit your study application, you will need to pay an application fee of R300 (30 US Dollars) for 2021. Please note that the application fee is non-refundable.
How can I check my application status in UP?
Please visit your Student Centre on the UP Portal to view your online application status. You have to access the University of Pretoria’s website at www.up.ac.za to gain access to the Student Portal (Student Centre) where your profile can be viewed.
How do I accept an offer on up?
If you have been accepted, click on “Accept/Reject” in the “Accept Status” column. Select “Accept” to accept the offer or “Reject” to reject/cancel the admissions offer. Click on continue to close the window.
General Application Information
- UP applications open on 1 March of the year preceding the year of study.
- Each prospective student must complete only one online application. On the online application the University of Pretoria offers a first and second choice in terms of what you wish to study. All applicants should fill in both a first and second choice on the online application.
- Once your online application has been processed, you will receive a student number(EMPLID).
- Receiving a student number (EMPLID) does NOT imply that you have been accepted by the University of Pretoria yet. Admission is a separate process that your application undergoes after being evaluated by the relevant faculty.
- It is in your best interest to complete your own online application. The University of Pretoria does not make use of representatives, agents or agencies during the application process. If you choose to make use of representatives, agents or agencies, you do so at your own risk. It is of utmost importance that you provide your personal email and postal addresses to enable the University of Pretoria to communicate with you directly.
- For the application for Distance Education admission (Faculty of Education) please visit the “Distance Education ” web page before you apply. Different rules are applicable.
- It is important to note that should you wish to study the selection programmes BSc(Arch)(Architecture) or BSc(Int)(Interior Architecture), you must indicate them as your first choice on your application, or you will not be considered for these programmes. It is also recommended to indicate the other selection programmes as your first choice on the online application.
What are the Closing dates for UP Applications?
University Of Pretoria Application Fees
Application Fee Waived:
- Application fees are waived for students who apply for studies at the University of Pretoria if your household income is lower than or equal to R150 000 per annum.
- Online applicants must upload proof of income in STEP 12 of the online application process. This will serve as proof of payment, to allow you to verify and apply your form. These documents will be verified.
Application Fee:When you submit your study application, you will need to pay an application fee of R300 (30 US Dollars) for 2021.
- Please note that the application fee is non-refundable.
- If your household income is more than R150 000 per annum please make use of the following payment options:
- Online credit card payment as part of this application submission, i.e. by paying with a valid credit card with sufficient funds and by entering the correct details.
- Note that the online application system can only process payments that reference valid credit card (Master, Visa, American Express or Diners Club) information, with sufficient funds.
- Use alternative mechanisms (eg Electronic Funds Transfer or a Bank deposit) to pay the application fee into the University of Pretoria’s bank account.
The Bank account into which payments can be made:
Standard Bank: Hatfield Branch (011545)
Swift code for internationals: SBZAZAJJ
Account number: 012602604
- When making such deposits please quote your Online Study Application Number that would have been emailed to you as the payment reference (typically in the form T1234567).
- When making such deposits you must retain the proof of payment as you will be required to scan the proof of payment and upload this PDF file together with your other supporting documents. Please note! Your last steps would be to VERIFY and click on APPLY.
How To Check Your UP Application Status
To check the status of your application, please click MyUP Login(UP Portal)to access your Student Centre.
Acceptance of admission
If you have been admitted conditionally or unconditionally, please visit the MyUP Login(UP Portal)‘Student Centre’ to accept or reject the place that has been allocated to you.
If you want to enquire about the following, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 012 420 3111:
- You did not receive a confirmation letter.
- Your status indicates “awaiting results” despite the fact that you have already submitted your results as requested on your application form.
- You want to change your study programme.
- Always state your name, surname, student number, ID number and contact number in your email and give an outline of your enquiry.
- Check the correctness of your personal information as well as the status of your application on the MyUP Login(UP Portal) regularly.