University of the Western Cape UWC is one of the top universities in South Africa, find all the application procedures and guide below;
Is UWC Applications open for 2022?
Applications close on 30 September 2021, all required documents must be submitted by this date as well.
Applications for Bachelor of Dentistry and Oral Health as well as School of Government postgraduate degrees close on 31 August 2021.
Applicants currently in grade 12 and applying for admission will receive a final outcome when final results are published in 2022.
All other applicants will receive an outcome by end November 2021. Those that are still awaiting final results for 2021 will receive final outcomes in Jan/Feb 2022.
Applicants will notified of an outcome via email or they can check the status of their application by clicking here and going to ‘Application Status’.
Please note the following programmes will NOT be offered in 2022 for first time entering students:
Bachelor of Science in Complementary Health Sciences (General Stream)
Bachelor of Science in Complementary Health Sciences (Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture Stream)
How do I apply online for UWC?
STEP 1 – APPLY ONLINE
- To apply online, go to: https://www.uwc.ac.za/Students/Admin/Pages/Apply-Online.aspx
- You may apply for a maximum of TWO programme choices
- Try to keep your options open, especially when applying for programmes in Faculties such as Dentistry, Community and Health Sciences and Law
- There is NO application fee payable
- Applications close on 30 September 2021
STEP 2 – ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF APPLICATION
- After completion of the online application form you will receive a letter via email from the University acknowledging receipt of your application
- The acknowledgment letter will contain your APPLICANT NUMBER
- This applicant number is to be used in all communication with the University
- You will also receive a brochure indicating the SUPPORTING documents that you will need to submit to the University by the application closing dates for your application to be considered complete
STEP 3 – UPLOAD SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION
- To upload supporting documents, go to http://studentdocumentupload.uwc.ac.za/ complete the form and upload required documents
- Current Matriculants, do not need to upload any supporting documentation
- Already Matriculated: Upload your matric certificate/foreign school leaving certificate.
- Attending Another Tertiary Institution: Upload a certified copy of your academic record and certificate of good conduct, stamped by the institution’s registrar.
STEP 4 – OFFER TO STUDY
- Successful applicants will receive communication via email offering a firm place and information about registration and orientation for 2021
- Once a FIRM/FINAL offer is received, applicants will be required to ACCEPT the offer within the designated time
- Should you not ACCEPT your offer in the designated period you will forfeit your place to study (your offer will expire)
- You may however, call or email the UWC Contact Centre and enquire as to whether your offer is still available even after it has expired and have it accepted on your behalf
- Applicants who have accepted their offers will receive communication via email informing them about registration and orientation for 2021.
Changed your mind about your choice of study?
- Do not submit a new application
- Check with the Contact Centre if you may change your programme choice
- Should your contact details change please contact the UWC Contact Centre and update your details
Documents Required To Apply For UWC
If you have written the NSC examination already, you need to submit the following:
- Certified copy of your NSC certificate or Senior Certificate
- Certified copy of your identification document
- Proof of any studies with academic records, if applicable, you may have completed
- If applicable, proof that you are currently improving your NSC results
- In an affidavit a brief description of activities post-matric/NSC
Applicants who are re-writing Grade 12 subjects, applications will be processed on the current grade 12 results. If Grade 12 has been written more than once then your combined results must be submitted with your application.
If you are applying from another institution of higher learning you need to submit certifies copies of the following:
- NSC Certificate or Senior Certificate
- Identification document
- Certificate of good conduct from your institution
- Official Academic Transcript
- Module content / Yearbook descriptor from your institution for all modules completed
- Degree certificate (if applicable)
Students applying for readmission to UWC
If you have studied at UWC previously and have taken a break in study, you need to provide a letter of motivation to be considered for readmission to your respective faculty.
- You need to submit your final school results to Universities South Africa (USAf) for an evaluation.
- Application for Exemption is to be done with Universities South Africa (USAf) formerly Higher Education south Africa (HESA) using the following link: https://mbit-application.usaf.ac.za/assessment/
- We unfortunately will not be able to respond to your application until you submit a confirmation letter issued by USAf stating that you qualify to study at a South African University.
- Certified copy of your passport.
Post Graduate students
- Certified copy of identification document
- Certified copy of Passport (International Applicants only)
- Official Academic Transcripts/record of results (All applicants)
- Certified copies of degree certificates (All applicants)
- SAQA Evaluation Certificate (International Applicants only)
- Short Curriculum Vitae (CV) (All applicants)
- One page letter of motivation (All applicants)
- Short research intention (Master and Doctoral applicants only)
Does UWC accept late applications?
Due to high volumes we received by the closing date, we are unable to consider late applications.