University of the Witwatersrand Wits is one of the top universities in South Africa, find all the application guide and procedures below;
How do I apply online at wits?
To apply online, go to www.wits.ac.za/applications/
- You may apply for a maximum of three programmes (order of choice does not matter).
- If you apply for two programmes within one Faculty, you are advised to apply for one programme in a less restricted faculty (e.g. Humanities, Commerce or Science).
- Try to keep your options open, especially when applying for programmes in Faculties such as Health Sciences or Engineering.
- Do not enter the duration of the programme. You are applying to go into 1st year of study.
- A non-refundable application fee of R100 for South African citizens, and R700 for foreign citizens, is required.
- For assistance call the Wits Student Call Centre on +27 (0) 11 717 1888.
Is Wits open for 2022 applications?
30 June 2021 – Faculty of Health Sciences (all programmes); Bachelor of Architecture; Bachelor of Audiology, Bachelor of Speech-Language Pathology; BA Film and TV
30 September 2021 – All other University programmes; Residence applications.
Does your degree programme have additional selection procedures? Some degrees have additional selection requirements such as portfolio and essay submissions, auditions or National Benchmark Tests. Please click on Additional Forms below to see if this applies to you.
Pay Application Fee
- Non-refundable application fee of R100 for South African citizens
- Non-refundable application fee for foreign citizens of R700
- Payments to be made before closing dates
- Use your Person Number or T Number as reference
How to pay
Deposit exact amount into the University’s Application Fee account:
- Standard Bank, Account name: Wits University – Application Fees. Current Account Number: 200 346 385, Branch code: Braamfontein 004 805. CI Number 074A. (International payment swift code: SBZAZAJJ). Use your person/student number as a reference.
- Pay by cash or credit card at the Wits Fees Office, Ground Floor, Solomon Mahlangu House (Senate House), Braamfontein Campus East, Jorissen Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, South Africa. Use your person/student number as a reference.
- EFT – Use your Person/Student number as the reference.
How do I check my application status at wits?
How To Check Wits Application Status Online
- Visit Wits University (Student Self Service)’s website – click below link. https://self-service.wits.ac.za/
- Enter StudentID (is your Person Number) and Password (is date of birth in (YYMMDD) format eg. 861224) then Sign In. More to Access on Wits Student Self Service.
How do I pay my wits application fee?
For the application fee: Standard Bank; Braamfontein branch; branch code: 004805; account number: 200 346 385. Swift code: SBZAZAJJ. Use your person number as the reference. For fees and the annual International Registration fee: Standard Bank; Braamfontein branch; branch code: 004805; account number: 002 891 697.
Do wits accept late applications?
Applications – Wits University. NB: The closing date for all applications is 30 September each year. Late applications will not be accepted. Before you are admitted to a residence, you will be required to pay R10000 of your residence fees for the year.